Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cami's Bedtime Routine

We recently purchased a new bed for Cami our oldest daughter who is two months away from being four (sniff sniff, where has the time gone?) As you can see it is a very beautiful bed adorned with princessess. The only trouble is she refuses to sleep a whole night in it! Every night I always have good intentions of beginning the bedtime process around 8:15. We brush teeth, go to the bathroom, tuck into bed and sing a few songs, lay with her in bed for awhile, and then leave the room. But that is only the beginning of it all. Right after I leave the room, Cami is up out of bed saying "Daddy has to rock me first". So Daddy rocks her for about 10 minutes then she is sent back to bed. Next she comes out again and says "Mommy has to rub my tummy". So I go in and rub her tummy for about 5 minutes, then I leave. 1 minute later she comes out again and says " I need a kiss and hug". So we go through the kiss and hug routine again, and she is sent back to bed. 1 minute later she comes out again and says one of two things: "I love you so beautifully" or "I love you so enchantedly". She is on princess overload! Usually at that point Daddy yells," Get back to bed or I'm shutting the door". She then falls asleep about 9:30. Yes, we go though this every night! She sleeps in her bed until about 2am and then she toddles over to our room and sleeps in between us. Most of the time we don't even notice it anymore, she is just there when we wake up. So at this point, I'm really wondering why we even bought the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment