Thursday, January 28, 2010

Third Grade Happenings

I think I have finally found the perfect grade for me. Third graders are awesome! They are still young enough to like school and do most of what is asked of them. But yet, they are old enough to work independently and not need the teacher for everything. I can tell you one thing, I will NEVER go back to kindergarten! I thought that I liked kindergarten but now I realize it wasn't that great. A kindergartner is very needy. You have to teach them everything about school, wipe their noses, and tie their shoes.
Right now my third graders are working on a project called Bio-Bash where they pick a famous person, study and research the person, and give a presentation as their person. It is a lot of fun to see them get so excited about the facts they are learning. They are constantly telling each other "I was born on...", and "I died on...", and any other miscellaneous facts they can think of.
Oh and I also didn't tell you that I have the world's most perfect class this year. I have 13 students that are pretty well behaved and 11 out of 13 of them have GREAT parental support at home. I am enjoying this class this year because I doubt I will have another class like them for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment