Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My New Project

Today I have decided that instead of being extremely addicted to Facebook and everyone else's lives , I should start writing some things of my own. I don't know about you, but I find myself mindlessly roaming through everything I can possibly find in Facebook. Looking at my friend's profiles, then looking at friends of friends, you name it! It's getting pretty ridiculous! I'm not really sure why I am so obsessed with Facebook. It might be because I am extremely nosy and instead of asking people how they are in person, I would rather look at what they are doing silently without having to talk. My husband would tell you that I am one of the most introverted people he has ever met, when it comes to adults that is. I am one of those people that before I make a phone call, I have to review what I am going to say many many times before I actually make the call. That's pretty bad isn't it?
I am also starting this blog because I need to have a place to write things down about my children so I don't forget! I have tried the scrapbooking thing, but try as I might, I can't become crafty. Putting a scrapbook together just annoys me! I also thought about buying a recipe card box and writing memories each day on the cards. But knowing my children, I would leave them out somewhere and they would either get chewed or colored on! This seems to be the easiest option. Thanks for joining me in my journey of blogging!

3 comments:

  1. I think you have a great idea there, Kelly!I too have found myself "mindlessly roaming." Writing memories of the girls is a GREAT reason to blog... and just think how helpful it will be to have opinions on topics without even asking! Thumbs up on your new journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki! Hopefully I can put something together on here that will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we should start some kind of "get out of facebook trap" support group! haha!! i find myself doing the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete