I have been thinking lately how my parenting has changed from my first child to my second child. Before Cami was born, I very carefully laid out her entire nursery and had every thing we needed at least 3 months before she was born. Three months before Allie was born, I think I had bought things for her crib and had maybe bought a pack of diapers for her arrival. Tonight I gave Allie little pieces of bread for part of her supper. I would have never dreamed of giving Cami bread at 9 months because I was so freaked out about her choking. When Cami was at the stage of learning how to walk, I remember how I would worry about every time that she fell and run over to her if she bumped her head. Allie is at that very stage right now and she has fallen many times, but I have this voice in my head that says "ahh, she'll be all right" and I don't run over and rescue her like I did with Cami. Does anyone else have any differences between the first and second child?
Sunday, January 31, 2010
The Difference Between The First and Second Child
I have been thinking lately how my parenting has changed from my first child to my second child. Before Cami was born, I very carefully laid out her entire nursery and had every thing we needed at least 3 months before she was born. Three months before Allie was born, I think I had bought things for her crib and had maybe bought a pack of diapers for her arrival. Tonight I gave Allie little pieces of bread for part of her supper. I would have never dreamed of giving Cami bread at 9 months because I was so freaked out about her choking. When Cami was at the stage of learning how to walk, I remember how I would worry about every time that she fell and run over to her if she bumped her head. Allie is at that very stage right now and she has fallen many times, but I have this voice in my head that says "ahh, she'll be all right" and I don't run over and rescue her like I did with Cami. Does anyone else have any differences between the first and second child?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment